Molecular Breast Imaging (MBI) procedure is a cost effective procedure that can provide an additional revenue opportunity for your practice. Here is why:
- Expands the services you can offer your patients: an exam that according to clinical trials has similar sensitivity, but improved specificity when compared to breast MRI.
- Additional space is not necessary, so it is easy to incorporate into a practice with minimal cost beyond the equipment.
- Billing codes have been established for Molecular Breast Imaging.
The economic benefits of the Dilon Molecular Imaging System meet a variety of clinical and administrative requirements including:
- Lower capital investment than other imaging equipment (about 1/3 the cost of an MRI)
- Fast, simple equipment installation and no need for a dedicated room
- Relatively low post-warranty service contract pricing
- Portability of the system for ‘point-of-care’ clinical utilization
- Approved for general purpose molecular imaging applications (e.g., thyroid, spot bone, etc.)
- Ideal for patients who cannot comply with an MRI such as those who are claustrophobic, obese, or have compromised renal function
- Insurance reimbursement is attained through standard nuclear medicine CPT codes
- Enables facilities without breast MRI capabilities to maintain patient control with equal or better clinical information