The GammaLōc® System
"One imaging modality, All Biopsy Systems"
The only MBI localization system compatible with all major Biopsy Systems:
• VACORA® from C.R. Bard, Inc.
• ENCOR® from C.R. Bard, Inc.
• ATEC® from Hologic, Inc.
• Mammotome® from Devicor® Medical Products, Inc
This localization system enables MBI-guided stereotactic needle biopsy procedures to be conveniently performed on the Dilon Gamma Camera. GammaLōc is an accessory to the Dilon 6800® and is easily incorporated into the gamma camera system.
The GammaLōc system:
- Allows physicians to calculate lesion location and depth
- Guides the user through the procedure with detailed instructions
- Provides 180 degree easy, open access for gamma-guided biopsies
How it Works
The GammaLōc System utilizes a CorreLocator™ paddle and a StereoView™ imaging collimator system. The collimator is used to take 20 degree angle stereo views from both the right and left side, similar to the technique that is used in stereotactic X-ray localization (see illustration). Location and depth of the lesion are clearly identified at the point where the angles intersect. The GammaLōc CorreLocator paddle provides optimal breast stabilization with consistent results.